WIPs Animation Shorts
BITBANG 2022 – 8th edition
Buenos Aires, octuber 24 a november 4
At BITBANG and RUDO we are interested in disseminating and promoting experimental artists and creators who are looking for their authorial voice. That is why this year we open the call for WIP projects for fresh and independent shorts, so that they can show projects in production.
This year BITBANG 8 will have its hybrid edition, from October 24 to November 4, at the Recoleta Cultural Center – Da Vinci School – C3 Science Center – Lucero Club – C Art Media Complex – La Paz Arriba – Tigre.
On October 28, INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION DAY, we will have a party and we are excited because in addition to being able to meet and listen live to a guest band (!!!) we will show the selected projects in production.
Who can apply?
Short film projects that are in a state of production or post-production, in any short format and animated technique. Argentine people or people residing in Argentina can apply.
What’s the plan?
- For 10 minutes, 1 or 2 representatives will be able to talk about the project and present original material from the selected project.
- The language will be in Spanish.
- It will be exclusively in person on October 28 in La Paz Arriba (Callao 1082, CABA – Argentina) from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- You have time until September 18 to send the material. We will announce the selected ones on October 18.
What material do I have to prepare for the call?
- A brief introduction of you and the project (very brief!)
- Project material (VIDEO – Animatic, rough, masters, teasers, etc)
Plan for the pitch* (This part is not mandatory! But it helps if there are any creative proposals)
- My project was selected, now what happens?
The 10 minutes are yours! We will send you an email to organize the technical tests and the material to present.
What do I gain by showing my project?
Find new collaborators, industry and peer feedback, round of applause and free hugs.
Our favorite distributor, Films to Festivals, will be awarding a special mention covering full distribution to one of the projects when it’s finished, and there’s also a Wacom tablet for a winning project.
Things to keep in mind:
- It is important that you have the exhibition rights and we recommend that the project is registered.
- In this call we will not accept projects in development or pre-production without original material produced.
- You can register by filling out the FORM below.
- The bases and conditions are further down.
- Success with the road ahead and we hope to see you at the 8th edition of BITBANG.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. GENERAL CONDITIONS
BITBANG and RUDO open the call to present animation shorts in production or post-production.
1.1 Natural persons may participate individually or collectively, over 18 years of age, of Argentine nationality or residing in Argentina.
1.2 Participation is free.
2. DATE OF APPLICATION
2.1 Project applications are received until September 18, 2022.
3. REGISTRATION, SUBMISSION AND SELECTION OF WORKS
3.1 To register, you must fill out this form.
3.2 The works received to apply for the competitions will be submitted to a Pre-selection process carried out by Rudo Co and BITBANG. The decision of the curatorial committee is final.
3.3 The registration of a work in this call implies full acceptance of these rules. By submitting a project to be considered, the applicant declares to be the owner of all copyrights on the Work and/or to have power to authorize the communication of the project during the festival period in Argentine territory.
The signatory of the application also declares that in the event that their project compromises, affects or includes the total or partial use of works protected by national or international legislation on Intellectual Property, and whose copyright holders are persons other than the applicant of the project, has the express authorization of said work given by the owner of the copyright, complying with the formalities indicated in these bases. Authorization is understood as the permission granted by the owner of the copyright in any contractual form, to use the work in some of the ways and by some of the means that the legislation on intellectual property establishes. The applicant is responsible for any infringement of said rights and is obliged to defend and leave the Festival organization harmless in the claims presented by third parties to that effect.
3.4 The organization of the Festival reserves the right to make the decisions it deems pertinent regarding situations not expressly provided for in these rules.
4.1 The jury will be made up of professionals from the field of animation, such as directors, producers, distributors and cultural managers.
4.2 The decision of the jury is final.
5.1 The Selection will be published on instagram www.instagram.com/bitbangclub and will be notified by email.
5.2 When applying, the selected projects authorize the use of the image of the project (provided by the representative of the selected works), to carry out the promotion of the activity.
5.3 The selected works will be notified by email, instance in which the instructions regarding the formats, date and location of the activity will be delivered.
5.4 For the selected filmmakers, the Festival will not cover travel and accommodation costs to attend the event. However, the Festival may provide letters of support to manage the necessary resources before the institutions that favor the attendance of the selected ones.
6. Participation in the Festival implies full acceptance of these regulations. The Festival will resolve, according to its judgment and without appeal, any eventuality not specified in these bases.